Ready to be a Member Director?
Togethr Trustees Pty Ltd is the trustee of the MyLifeMyMoney Superannuation Fund and the Equip Superannuation Fund (referred to as the “Funds”). As a MyLife MySuper member, you are able to nominate your interest in being considered for the position of Member Director, subject to eligibility under the Board Appointment and Renewal Policy and Fit and Proper Policy. The appointed Director will sit on the Boards of Togethr Trustees Pty Ltd (the “Trustee”) and Togethr Holdings Pty Ltd.
Nominations open on Tuesday 6 April 2021 and must be received by us, no later than 5:00pm (AEST) on Friday 30 April 2021.
It is important that our Board of Directors have the skills and experience required to set the strategic direction of the Funds in the best financial interests of members. Presently, the Trustee Board comprises four Independent Directors, four Member Directors and four Employer Directors. The size of the Board is expected to reduce from 12 Directors to 9 Directors from 1 July 2021, and will comprise of three Independent Directors, three Member Directors and three Employer Directors.
In addition to the general skills requirements, the Trustee Board has determined that for the available Member Director position it is seeking candidates who can demonstrate one or more of the following position-specific skills - fund administration, product development, post-retirement landscape and/or cyber security.
The successful candidate must meet the minimum skills and qualifications requirements. An external party independent of the Trustee Board and Management has been engaged to assess the skills, education, qualifications and experience of all persons offering themselves for appointment as a Member Director. You are encouraged to read the Board Appointment and Renewal Policy, Fit and Proper Policy and Member Director Competency Statement to ensure you understand the Funds’ requirements.
Probity checks, including Police and Bankruptcy checks, qualifications authentication and conflicts declarations, will also be required.
Existing Directors are also eligible to stand for re-appointment.
- Have been a member of Equip, Catholic Super, MyLife MySuper, Transport Super or MyLife MyPension for at least 90 days, at the time you submit your nomination;
- Satisfy all the requirements of the Trustee's Board Appointment and Renewal Policy, including the general eligibility criteria and the position-specific skills requirements; and
- Be aged 18 or over at the time of your nomination.
The successful candidate will be expected to take office from 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2025, subject to any early termination or extension.
If you are interested in becoming a Member Director, you should download the complete Candidate information Pack below, which includes:
- the nomination form and relevant probity check forms (consent for bankruptcy search; consent to obtain personal information; national police check application form; disclosure of duties and interests; and statutory declaration regarding foreign convictions);
- Member Director Competency Statement, which includes details of the qualifications criteria;
- 2021 Trustee Guidebook for Director Candidates;
- Board Appointment and Renewal Policy;
- Fit and Proper Policy;
- Code of Conduct; and
- Conflict Management Policy.
To nominate yourself as a candidate, you must:
- Review the competency statement to ensure that you meet the minimum eligibility criteria for qualifications, education and experience.
- Complete the nomination form.
- Attach a copy of your curriculum vitae to the nomination form.
- Complete the probity check documents listed in the nomination form.
- Lodge your nomination by returning:
- The completed nomination form;
- A curriculum vitae; and
- The completed probity check documents.
The completed documents may be returned by email to email@example.com.
Please note that hard copy forms, faxes, and late lodgements will not be accepted.
Nominations close at 5:00pm (AEST) on Friday 30 April 2021.